As a naturopathic physician, I focus in Regenerative Injection Therapies (RIT) to help you lead your most active, healthy lifestyle. Using nature’s own healing methods to “bio-hack” and reverse disease and degeneration, I help patients heal from chronic and acute joint pain, osteoarthritis, sports injuries such as rotator cuff tears, motor vehicle accidents, and other past injuries.
RIT provides a regenerative signal right where it’s needed—at a damaged joint, ligament or tendon. By stimulating the body’s own healing response, RIT can fully resolve past injuries and pain naturally and effectively. I have helped patients fully recover who were resigned to live with persistent pain or were told their only option was a total joint replacement. I’d love to offer you this life-changing service that will rally your inherent capacity to heal and move toward a pain-free life.
I can also help you address:
- Diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Menstrual cycle issues(pain, excess bleeding, mood swings, and cycle irregularity)
- Perimenopause and menopausal issues(hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue, and insomnia)
- Stress, anxiety, and panic attacks
- Supportive, guided and individualized plans for body-composition-focused goals (not just “weight loss”)
- Thyroid concerns(hypothyroidism or feeling like you have hypothyroidism but have “normal labs”)
Whatever you’re facing, I work with you to improve health holistically from the inside out, as naturally as possible. This often means dietary guidance, working on supporting natural lifestyle foundations (habits and routines), as well as recommendations for herbal, homeopathic and nutrient treatment. I may also prescribe medication when indicated.
Education and affiliations
- Member of theOregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians since 2008
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy Regenerative Medicine
- Certification in the Manual Technique of Platelet Rich Plasma Injections through Oregon Regenerative Medicine
- Certification in Upper Extremity and Lower Extremity Prolotherapy and Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections through the Naturopathic Academy of Therapeutic Injections and the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Certification in Cervical, Thoracic and TMJ Prolotherapy through Dr. Kevin Davison and Maui Regenerative Medicine
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, National University of Natural Medicine
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Motor Vehicle Accident Care
- Regenerative Injection Therapies
- Western Herbal Medicine
My patients say
“I saw Dr. Angela Cortal for prolotherapy. I’ve had shoulder issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of things, and was referred to see her through my acupuncturist. She is the nicest lady with a very positive and calming personality. She made me feel comfortable and made sure I was ok the whole time while getting the shots. I also must say her staff are very sweet ladies as well! I really like this place and don’t mind driving across town to see them. After I leave there I feel rejuvenated! I’m excited for my journey to a great recovery!!!”
“Dr. Angela is very special. She gives you the best care, never rushes you in and out the door… listens to your concerns. BUT MOST of all…she is the only doctor I’ve had that personally calls me and checks on me… ABSOLUTELY AMAZING♡”
“I love how Dr. Angela really listens to my concerns and respects my wishes and intuition. It’s so rare to find a medical practitioner willing to collaborate with you on the process of achieving comprehensive health and wellbeing. Dr. Angela brings her expertise and knowledge as well as her kindness and positive attitude.”
“Dr. Angela is awesome! She presents great information and has lots of ideas she is willing to share.”
Learn more about my focus on injection therapies and integration with Naturopathic care.