Pronouns: She / They / Siya
My values as your provider
I believe that health is more than an individual and their symptoms. Health is informed by environment, lived experience, generational trauma, the systems we survive. I utilize East Asian and Western medicine modalities that support and encourage the body’s own healing process – including nutrition, herbal medicine, homeopathy, physical manipulation, and conventional pharmaceutical medications.
I value harm reduction and working collaboratively to identify areas of growth and change, within your realm of possibility.
I am committed to working with individuals from all walks of life and from every generation. I believe in health at every size and providing a culturally humble, gender-affirming, sex-positive approach.
Gender Affirming Care for LGBTQI+ Community
- As a queer doctor of color, I seek to serve fellow LGBTQI+ community including transgender and gender diverse patient.
- Provide medically supported gender-affirming transition and fertility planning for all family styles through an informed consent model of care.
Empowering All Lifestyles
- I’m sex positive, cultivating a judgement-free zone, honoring the many forms of intimacy, sex, kink that exist. My biggest priority is your safety.
- I’m fat-positive, I seek to dispel old myths about “normal” BMI and dieting.
- Eating Disorders do not have a “type” and there is no one-size-fits all in health.
Culturally Humble & Trauma Informed Approach
- Respect traditional foods, identify loved recipes and relevant substitutions that promote disease prevention without compromising flavor and tradition.
- Respect shared space and two spirited folks, acknowledging my own privilege and potential power dynamics in the treatment room.
- Discuss the narratives we learn at an early age that may be barriers to health.
- I am deeply committed to working with those with histories of trauma and abuse.
- I work to ensure the clinic room is comfortable and that a conversation about access needs are an integral part of care.
What we can work on together
- Naturopathic Primary Care
- Gender affirming hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Hormone Balance Optimization (thyroid/adrenals/gonads)
- Family Planning
- Digestive issues
- Optimizing Athletic Performance
- Anxiety, Depression, ADHD
- Chronic Pain and Repressed Emotions
- Chronic Viral Infections
- Connective Tissue Disorders
Cultural & Educational Background
I first witnessed the limitations of the conventional healthcare model and the power of traditional-alternative medicines growing up in the vibrant immigrant communities of the Bay Area, California. My first medicines were home remedies my lola/grandma created in her kitchen. In the community, I saw the obvious connections between chronic diseases, people of color, and disproportionate access to health care and preventative health. Moved by the need to create better solutions, I am committed to whole person health.
I completed my training at the National University of Natural Medicine, studied classical homeopathy at the New England School of Homeopathy (NESH), and Shen Hammer Pulse diagnosis with ShenHammerPDX. I received a B.A. in Feminist Studies and a B.S. in Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology at the University of California Santa Cruz.
I participated in a medical brigade with Natural Doctors International (NDI) in Nicaragua, and completed my Global Health Field Work at the St Francis Shelter in Vietnam, and the Save Our Schools Network in the southern islands of the Philippines.
Memberships and Associations
Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians
American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Outside of Work
When not in the clinic, I am a community organizer with Migrante Portland and the International Migrants Alliance – grassroots organizations that uplift the rights and welfare of migrants, refugees, and immigrants in Portland and around the world. I’m a fair weather biker, a half-marathoner, and at the end of the day I love cuddling with my dog, Taho. Most summers you’ll find me soaking up the sun or backpacking with my partner.