Dr. Reba Akin is a naturopathic doctor with 18 years of wellness expertise and a focus on women’s health, nutrition, and musculoskeletal pain. She is passionate about helping people make small and sustainable changes that have a big impact on health and vitality. She is committed to supporting patients each step of the way with compassionate listening and a deep investment in their wellbeing.
Assisting all woman ages 18 and older, Dr. Akin helps to address most health concerns including but not limited to:
- Thyroid disorders
- Weight issues
- Digestive disorders
In addition, Dr. Akin focuses on functional physical therapy rehabilitation. She take a holistic approach to diagnosing and treating neck, shoulder, back, hip, knee, ankle, and foot pain that may include a functional movement assessment, corrective exercise, nutritional evaluation, and/or myofasial and muscular therapies. Treatments with Dr. Akin can be effective independently and in conjunction with chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, and physical therapy.
Outside of work
Dr. Akin lives in Portland with her husband and two children. She enjoys playing in the kitchen as well as the park. Her personal hobbies include cooking, travel, hiking, strength training, and time with friends.
- National University of Natural Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Health Coach, National Society of Health Coaches
- Certified Barefoot Training Specialist, Evidence Based Fitness Academy
- Certified in Selective Movement Assessment, Functional Movement Systems
- Certified Functional Movement Technique -Kinesiology Taping
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Corrective Exercise
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation (IASTM)
- Kinesiology taping
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule an appointment, please call (503)956-9396 or email email@example.com. You are welcome to write a review of my services on Google or Yelp. (You must be registered with Yelp to post a review there.)
To identify and treat health challenges, she uses clinical and laboratory diagnostic testing, nutrition, botanical medicine, bio identical hormones, exercise, or prescription medication as needed.