My role as a physician is to support each patient in moving toward their own goals for health and healing. I do this by listening deeply, sharing my knowledge openly, and trusting the messages each person’s body communicates. I work to practice health care that is trauma informed, affirming of each patient’s body and identity, and rooted in the principles of informed consent and health at every size. I am honored to learn more in this practice from my patients every day.
What I Offer
I am trained and board-licensed as a naturopathic doctor, and practice both as a holistic primary care provider and as a specialist in functional physiology and the medicines of nature. I also hold national and state licensure as an acupuncturist and, thanks to many generous teachers, am a student in a few lineage practices of East Asian medicine.
I work with patients in any or all of the following ways, based on each patient’s needs:
- Screening physicals, Sports physicals, Annual exams, and Preventative medicine.
- Sexual and reproductive health for all bodies and orientations.
- Treatment for acute illness— cold, flu, sore throat, etc.
- Gender affirming medical care for trans and gender non-conforming people.*
- Ongoing care for all kinds of health concerns and chronic illnesses, with a focus on:
- insomnia and other sleep concerns
- digestive complaints
- chronic pain
- anxiety and depression
- menstrual and menopausal symptoms
- skin concerns
- fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
*Please know that currently there are only binary-gendered, multi-stall restrooms in our clinic space. I am very sorry about this lack of accessibility and am working with our building’s landlord to correct this as quickly as possible. Please feel free to contact me with questions and concerns.
What to expect from your visit
As a naturopathic doctor, I diagnose illness and track patients’ progress over time in much the same way that a conventional medical doctor would do. Listening to my patients is my first priority. I seek to honor each patient’s story as a part of my diagnostic process, while also performing evidence based physical exams and lab tests. I apply this information in the context of each patient’s whole self as we search together for the root causes of illness or dis-ease.
As an acupuncturist, I also use less conventional methods of diagnosis in almost every case, including tongue, abdomen, and/or pulse diagnosis. As a student of the Shen-Hammer Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis system, I often spend 5 minutes or more simply “listening” to the pulse by placing my fingers on the patient’s wrist.
Patients and I decide together which treatment tools are needed in each case. In most cases, at least part of each visit is spent doing hands-on treatment. Patients often leave my office feeling more relaxed, with less pain, and better able to cope with life stresses than when they arrived.
My training provides a wide range of tools to treat and prevent illness. I love talking about treatment strategies with patients and working together to create a realistic and supportive plan. Our plan can include treatments all along the spectrum from gentle to intensive, in order to balance symptom management with deep long-term healing.
- Non-insertive (no needles) acupuncture.
- Moxibustion, Cupping , Medical Qigong, and other classical East Asian medical treatments.
- Therapeutic massage. – My approach to body work draws on more than a decade of practice as a massage therapist before graduating from medical school. I combine techniques from Craniosacral therapy, myofascial release, Sotai, and a number of other gentle, deeply effective styles. I also use more vigorous techniques occasionally, when appropriate.
- Nutrition therapy that is practical, weight neutral, body-positive, and food-positive.
- Coaching for accessible changes in lifestyle, habits, and routines to support wellness.
- Western botanical medicines.
- Classical and modern Chinese herbal medicines.
- Homeopathic medicines
- Flower essences
- Hydrotherapy and Nature Cure practices
- Conventional pharmaceutical prescriptions.
- Referrals to specialists when appropriate
I welcome any questions about these modalities!
Contact and Scheduling
To schedule an appointment, please call (503) 956-9396 or email email@example.com. Online scheduling is available for return patients only and not all available appointments may be shown online.
*Please know that currently there are only binary-gendered, multi-stall restrooms in our clinic space. I am very sorry about this lack of accessibility and we’re working with our building’s landlord to correct this as quickly as possible. Please feel free to contact me with questions and concerns.
For other questions, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.